Thursday, November 13, 2008

Home



What is home to you? While the first thing that usually comes to mind when we talk about home is a house, what is home really? For most of us, I would propose that it is more about who than where. Home is where our family is. That may be in our house, or it may be somewhere else. For our family, it is wherever we all are. Whether we are in a hotel room, on a vacation, driving in our car, at a ballgame, on a picnic... wherever we are all together is home.



Further, I would propose that for the believer, home is not a place but a person. Home can be here or in heaven... but the main point is that it is wherever He is. Because really, He is our home.



I Will Bring You Home
by Michael Card

Though you are homeless, though you're alone,
I will be your Home.
Whatever's the matter, whatever's been done
I will be your Home.
I will be your Home.
I will be your Home.
In this fearful, fallen place
I will be your Home.

When time reaches fullness, when I move my Hand
I will bring you Home;
Home to your own place in a beautiful land...
I will bring you Home.
I will bring you Home.
I will bring you Home.
From this fearful, fallen place
I will bring you Home.
I will bring you Home.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Christi,

    What beautiful words and so very true. To me, home is where I am right now until I finally go HOME. I know you will understand what I am trying to say here.

    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I look forward to "going Home" to be with HIM someday. Then, I will truly be complete.

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Further, I would propose that for the believer, home is not a place but a person. Home can be here or in heaven... but the main point is that it is wherever He is. Because really, He is our home." I think this is the theme for believers today. All life is found in Him. The only one we can trust is Him. Great post my friend. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is lovely! Yes, home is where He is!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this...it's very true. He is our home. I wonder if you've read Brenda's recent post on this topic at Coffee, Tea, Books and Me?

    How did I miss this post?

    Wonderful to see one from you, Christi. I know how busy you've been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christi,

    Well said...I learned years ago that home was not a place but rather, where my family was, that is what home was to me.

    I made this realization when we decided many years ago to move away from a house we loved very much, in order to have a better quality of life. It was hard at first but once the move actually happened, I realized that all that was the most important in my life, had moved with me. Bluntly put, that we could be happy anywhere, as long as we were together.

    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband Alan when he was forever travelling in the Merchant Navy always said, "Home is where I hang my hat"

    You are so right, home is a person as is all of our life really. I do like the photo too with the small, is it Mimosa trees alongside the large 'Fall' coloured trees.

    My keen eye comes from taking photos for blogging. don't know that it was there before - never thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How His Love draws us to want to be near Him. Home... the sound of it brings comfort, so why should anyone be surprise that we, His children, would want to be where He is? In those 'Everlasting Arms" Forever!!
    In Him,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete