Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th!

I hope, for those of you who are a US citizens, that you are having a happy 4th surrounded by family and friends! I am very thankful for the freedoms we have in this nation, including the ability to live, work, and worship as we choose.  Our nation is so far from perfect, but at least for now we are able to still do these without fear of retribution.  Our family celebrated yesterday with my husband grilling out (accompanied by potato salad, stuffed eggs, and homemade Butterfinger ice cream) and ending the day with fireworks in our neighborhood.

 

Today (the actual 4th) we are just watching historical movies and eating leftovers!  What a great blessing it is to have been born here in the land of the free and the home of the brave.  May I never take it for granted. And I do pray for God to continue to bless America because, ultimately, freedom can only come from knowing Him.

2 comments:

  1. You articulated our thankfulness well! I am so happy that you spent a day with your family. Two days of celebration even on left overs is our kind of celebration also. What are stuffed eggs? Is that a southern dish?

    About my eye surgery, they did not put eye bandage lenses on my eye. I never thought to ask either so it may have been my fault. However, I did pray and ask the Lord to heal my eyes from all this dryness. So far, so good. Because they put the meds into my eye during surgery, they said that I will not need eye drops. They said that I could put in artificial tears if I needed them. So, here is what I do. Instead of dropping the artificial tears into my eye, I squirt it in both eye. I think I should have been doing that all along because it really helps. I do it 4 times a day plus some if my eyes feel badly. I go back for a check on Friday. I will tell the doctor what I am doing to see if it is okay. The only problem I am having is dizziness and headaches if I look around too much. My eyes are not focusing together and it is making me a little sick.

    Thank you for your concern and prayers. I know that God hears them. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our freedom rests in Him. Late to be wishing you a blessed Independence Day, but every day with The Lord is...

    ReplyDelete