Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogging Friends Forever Award

I have received an award from one of my best blogging friends, Vee at A Haven for Vee. She is such an encouragement to me and has been a faithful and frequent commenter here for quite some time. I am humbled and grateful to receive this from her. Here are the rules:






1. You may only choose 5 people/blogs to give the award to...

2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog...

3. One has to be a new follower of your blog or live in another part of the world...

It's tough to only pick five, but I am going to play by the rules this time. I am awarding this to four of the bloggers who have been with me the longest and are still around to read and encourage. They followed me from my original Charm & Grace Blog to this wonderful and much more user friendly Blogger Cottage. And I am awarding it to one newer friend whose blog I fell in love with earlier this year and have been following.

1. Lorrie at Fabric, Paper, Thread has been a blog friend almost since I began blogging in April of 2007. She is a kindred spirit in so many ways, and she never fails to lift my spirits with her comments. I love to read about her creativity whether through writing, sewing, scrapbooking, decorating, or creating from paper.

2. Bebe's Peaches~and~Dreams blog is so beautiful and filled with such fun. Bebe is a fellow southerner and really understands some of my quirky "southern-ness." She has been such a sweetheart to stick with me for so long.

3. Barb from The French Elements is a wonderful blogger who has just given me tremendous encouragement all along the way. (I would have to say that encouragement is definitely her spiritual gift!) She is a wonderfully creative person with a heart of gold, and I am honored that she has stuck with me so long.

4. Ruth from Artful Creations is a very talented artist who also has a fantastic eye for photography. (If you haven't seen her pictures from the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park in Utah, you must get over there now!) It means so much to have a fellow artist friend take the time to encourage me by reading and commenting.


Thanks to all you ladies for following me over here from over there, for taking time to read my posts, and for leaving your beautiful and cherished words of encouragement!


5. If you haven't visited The Dutchess, then you don't know what you're missing. It is always a showcase for beautiful artwork and classic literature. And just so we're following the spirit of the rules, she just happens to live in another part of the world in the beautiful Netherlands. She has definitely become a BFF over these past months.

And I am giving Strider a "notable mention" (as I am not sure he would appreciate the whole Blogging Friends Forever thing.) He never fails to encourage and exhort us in our walk with the Lord, and his comments always mean a lot.

Best blogging blessings to you all!!

10 comments:

  1. Christi, thank you for the beautiful award. Thank you, in return, for always stopping by to visit me and always having a kind word to say. In these crazy times, it makes the day much brighter. So, right back at 'ya with this one.

    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the new suggestions. I'm off to visit them now, and I'm also glad to see you have returned to blogging!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...that was very nice of you to mention me and I appreciate your comment. I might add that I always look forward to your comments when you stop by for a visit. Being able to put your thoughts down in the form of a blog has really been a blessing...an outlet. It's especially nice when people stop by and take a look at what you wrote. Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christi,

    What a lovely surprise. Thank you so much for this wonderful award. It means a lot coming from you.

    You have encouraged me and I always look forward to visiting your blog. God has given you such a precious gift and I can see and feel it every time I visit your blog.

    It may take a while to follow through on the rules but I will do my best-hehe.

    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO many great blogs, and well deserving!!

    Happy Saturday blessings
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you soooo much,for this award, but also for visiting the dutchess and for your sweet comments!I will give this award a special place on the mantelpiece and post about it later this week..
    Warmly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christi, thank you so much for the award. I'm truly humbled by you and the others who come to visit me. I love visiting your blog and am always encouraged by your posts.

    Have a great day,
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christi!
    Thank you sooooo much for the wonderful award!! I have been behind on everything this past week, but I was tickled pink when I read your comment!! You sweet thang, you!! I wanted to get over earlier and thank you, but something always got in the way (that sound you hear is me beating my own behind at being so slow). But, I am delighted that you thought of me!! :) I'm glad you are back to blogging, too! Hope you have a happy Halloween holiday!
    Take care and stay warm (are you believing this cold snap??? Brrr!)
    Bebe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhhhh I so love to read new blogs... I am going to have a field day with these... Ruth I know ... she is talented isnt she?

    I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely comment you left me... please do not feel bad about taking a blog break... much needed...its always hard to do posts on a regular basis... heavens... no... you must not at all feel like that...

    I finally did a new post and then had my computer crash ... I had planned on coming over to thank you for visiting when it did and I just got a new one yesterday so have been busy adding all the new programs with more still needed...

    Anyhow... just wanted you to know you are appreciated... Congratulations on your award...

    LOADS OF HUGS

    JO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christi,

    I wanted to stop by and say "hi".
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    lots of hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete