Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Some real encouragement for these troubling days

In my current study of the Psalms of ascent, one activity that I love is that once we have thoroughly studied the Psalm, we then write it our own words. I wanted to share the first two with you and hope that it will somehow encourage you.




Psalm 120

LORD, I feel that our nation and world have been taken over by deceitful liars.
I want Your Name to be honored here and everywhere.
Yet, it seems that all people do is lift up themselves by using any means necessary, including lies and deceit.
Show Yourself strong; reveal who You are to Your people and then through Your people.
Help us to remain faithful to You whatever the cost.




Psalm 121

My gaze begins to lift; I look up to Your creation -- to the beauty of the mountains --
Knowing the One who created them and all their grandeur is the only One in Whom I can find help!
My Covenant Keeper has promised that He will not allow my foot to slip because He will be watching out for me every moment of every day,
And He never sleeps.
My Covenant Keeper protects me because He is always with me... right by my side... to ward off danger and evil.
Even the sun or moon cannot harm me because He is in charge, and He has promised to protect me.
My Covenant Keeper will protect me wherever I go -- from this day until tomorrow and every day after that.




Wishing you all a blessed day!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying again...

    Those are wonderful! And, though I have never tried this for myself, I have often assigned this sort of writing project using poems. That was way back during my teaching days. It helped students to understand the poem so much more. Now I think I must give it a try. It must make whatever psalm come alive for the writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we called it "response" writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, even though the heart of man plans deceit and power, God just laughs at the foolishness of these plans. HE is the King and Lord of the Universe...not just this world, but EVERYTHING! How great is that? Great post and encouraging. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to you...and I agree with Strider:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again!

    I have an award for you on my blog today. However you'd like to deal with it...forget it or recognize it...whatever works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! You have hit it on the head.
    God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If there ever was a time to humble themselves, fast and pray for our country and this upcoming election. . . it's NOW!!! I'm afraid people are voting their pocketbook this time and not their values.

    May God's will be done.

    Blessings,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete