Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Fresh Wind...



Do you ever feel as if a fresh wind has blown across your life?



In my life there have been times of extreme staleness, where I almost felt as if I were a house that had been closed up with all the doors locked and all the furnishings covered over with dust covers, cobwebs growing in the corners and hardly any light coming in... as if someone had sucked all the fresh air completely out. Then suddenly the doors and windows burst open and sunshine bursts in... a fresh wind blowing through all the staleness, blowing off the dust, letting in the light, allowing me to breathe again.



Today I feel that profoundly. I feel as if spring has brought with it the power to breathe again. I feel creative juices flowing and my spirits rising to the light that radiates outside my windows.



I have just returned from a week in another place ... a blessed change of scenery ... and some very good fellowship. The title of the conference I attended was Overflow 2010, and that is just what I am feeling today. My heart is overflowing with love and gratitude and readiness for whatever comes next in my life.



In my years of knowing Christ there have been times when I especially sensed His presence and times when I haven't, times of drought and times of overflow, times of staleness and times of refreshing. Those are the seasons of a spiritual life, just as we have seasons on this earth. And though my faith does not depend upon my feelings, I am especially thankful for those times when I really sense the nearness of the Lord and the blessings of this life.



I returned home to find some beautiful things happening in my garden... they, too, give a lift to my spirits. The sun is shining brilliantly today, and the Son is shining in my own heart.



I pray that spring has come for you both literally and figuratively with all its beauties and joys!

Blessings,

9 comments:

  1. Oh Christi, how I relate to your post today... A Fresh Wind. I too have experienced those times of dryness, and then like you say...the window opens, and the Spirit brings fresh vigor, creativity, and peace.

    I love you dear Christ, and the life you life and share with all of us.

    You are a treasure and a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....forgive me spelling...you know what I meant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet post, and so glad you feel refreshed. All new and ready to turn the page.

    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, allow me to apologize for being interrupted while at your blog. Goodness! I really don't know how long I've been gone.

    Second of all, the flowers are so lovely. I thought, at first glance, that the first photos were of raspberries, big beautiful raspberries. (Yes, I do need glasses). Typical foodie, eh?!

    Loved the message of your post today because it allows us to know that even in a less than stellar season, we have faith either way.

    Thanks so much for participating in my giveaway! Hope that your blogging buds will find it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christi, thank you for your thoughts about Fresh Wind. I have been thinking about that a lot recently...but not using those exact words. I am thinking that when Fresh Wind comes to me, it is after I have obeyed and consecrated myself to God in some fresh new way. I go along thinking I am obeying God, then something comes up that annoys me, then I have to confess, obey, and consecrate myself. Ha! Ha! If you only knew the story behind the Diaper Cake. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post, Christi, and one that offers hope for dry times, such as I'm experiencing just now. I know that this, too, will pass, and in the meantime, I cling to the One who is Hope.

    May the Fresh Wind of the Spirit of God fill you with energy and creative power.

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, wonderful to feel the fresh winds beginning to blow. So many times and seasons in our life. Each one as necessary as the other though we do not always feel that at the time. So often the valleys preceed the mountain tops and vice versa. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christi, your garden photos are beautiful... Isn't it funny how that works, spring is such a refreshing time of year, I feel the creativity as well now. Have fun creating and ENJOY!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. I identify with it so much. Sometimes I have to "shake the dust off" my spirit... let the fresh air in... and just breath.

    ReplyDelete