Thursday, May 7, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 50 (Thursday)

Encouragement Post – Day #50 (Thursday) Today is the National Day of Prayer in our nation. In my lifetime, at least that I can recall, there has never been a more desperate time in our nation for the need of God’s hand to move. Amazingly, God has given us a formula for praying for our nation even in our current situation right in His Word. We are pointed once again to the verses in 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 “If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” As His people, these are conditions that we must meet for the healing of our land: humility, prayer, seeking His face, and turning from our wicked ways. 

Jesus echoed this by His example (Philippians 2:5-11), “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

Lord, please heal our land.

No comments:

Post a Comment