Saturday, May 9, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 52 (Saturday)

Encouragement Post – Day #52 (Saturday) We know God as our Father, but He also has motherly characteristics. Here is how the prophet Isaiah (49:15-16) describes His love for us, “Can a woman forget her nursing child and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.” His care and love for us extend farther than a mother’s for her nursing child. Amazing! And my experience with my own mother includes buckets full of unconditional love. I am truly blessed. Which brings to mind a very mother-like characteristic of our God in this familiar scripture from Lamentations 3:21-23, “This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment