Friday, March 20, 2020

Encouragement Post – Coronavirus Distancing Day 5 (Friday)

Encouragement Post #5: Today (Friday) I am lifting my eyes to the One in Whom I have entirely set my hope. Would you join me in calling out to Him? (I know, :) you probably already have been.) He has given us so many great and precious promises, but He also tells us that we do not have because we do not ask or that we ask and do not have because we have asked with wrong motives so that we can spend it on our own pleasures (James 4:2-3). So today, I am coming in humility to say, "Lord, I lift my eyes to you and know that help can only come from You." When the burden seems heavy, the questions are many, the stresses seem greater... I will say with the songwriter Edward Mote, "When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand." That is true and real peace.

Psalm 121
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever."



No comments:

Post a Comment