Saturday, March 21, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 6 (Saturday)

Encouragement Post #6: (Saturday) Even though we are physically separated for the most part, this is the time for the church to find a way to unify. If you aren't feeling this yet, at some point you will: We aren't meant to live in isolation (yes, I am talking to the introverts in the bunch, too). We are meant to live in community, and this means finding ways to love each other well while doing the whole "social distancing" thing. How encouraging that Jesus prayed for us in the hours before He went to the cross that we would be one even as He and the Father are one. When we as His church are one, then the world will believe that He was sent by the Father (John 17:21). I pray that the Lord would reveal to each one of us who are His just what He would have us do, as we creatively look for ways to come together in His name and love one another in a time of severe social restraints.

John 17:13-21 "But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves. I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. For their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth. I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me."



No comments:

Post a Comment