Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Encouragement Post – Coronavirus Distancing Day 16 (Tuesday)

Encouragement Post – Day #16 (Tuesday) Contentment can be elusive in times like this. But, in 1 Timothy 6:6-7 we are told “But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either.” We don’t really have the power to make sure that everything in our lives goes the way it should. But when we surrender our lives to the One who knows us best, loves us most, and always provides everything we need – the One who actually does have control – we can find real contentment and true peace.

Philippians 4:6-7 says, “Be anxious for nothing but in everything through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all comprehension will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

So, I am to worry about NO thing, and I am to pray about EVERY thing while being thankful to the Lord for His care. And, He promises that if I do these things, He will guard my heart by giving me a peace that goes far beyond my ability to comprehend it.

Hebrews 13:5, “Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you.” He will never, not ever, no never leave me.

Isaiah 26:3 “The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.” PERFECT peace.

I am thankful that He did not leave us without a roadmap to peace, but He has given us His beautiful Word to show us how to find peace and contentment, even in times like these.

1 comment:

  1. (Phew! Often, I am not able to comment here because my profile does not show up and trying to log in proves impossible.)

    I am so glad that you are doing your part to encourage as The Lord leads. I see that you have a number of Encouragement posts with Scriptures and Praise songs. I really like the song “He Will Hold Me Fast.” For the Believer, whether we stay or go, He is holding us fast.

    Thanks for popping by at my blog today and leaving a comment. I am, obviously, not doing my part.

    ReplyDelete