Monday, March 30, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 15 (Monday)

Encouragement Post – Day #15 (Monday) Kindness is important. It is one of the 9 manifestations of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, KINDNESS, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control). It is something that should really come easily, yet for many it doesn’t. It doesn’t cost you anything. I am thankful for the kindness of God toward me. I didn’t deserve it, but He showed it to me anyway.

Romans 2:4 asks, “Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?”

And then Titus 3:3-5 gives us even more evidence of God’s kindness, “For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.”

Because of His kindness to me, I now have the power – through the Holy Spirit working in my life – to be kind to others. So, I am thinking about and praying about ways to be kind and people to whom I can show the kindness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment