Thursday, March 26, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 11 (Thursday)

Encouragement Post #11: (Thursday) Today I am thankful …for sunshine! Doctors tell us that the sun has a powerful effect on ourimmune systems. I am no doctor, but I am buying into that one hook, line, and sinker. We need it, whether it’s getting out for a walk, gardening, doing some outdoor sporting activity, or just walking around our house/apartment building/dwelling a couple of times. God made us to need vitamin D, and the sun automatically replenishes it, boosts endorphins
(natural pain killers in the body), and boosts serotonin (naturally occurring substance in our body that makes us feel good) for us.

“…seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertainingto life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.” (2 Peter 1:3) This current quarantine, on the heels of what seemed like a gazillion days of rain, could be really impacting our moods and hence impacting our ability to fight off …whatever. 😉 So, getting out and getting just some sun each day is one cost-free way of doing that.

While I am writing this (having just come back inside from a little time outdoors in this brilliantly sunny and feels-like-summer day), I dropped my new tablet (purchased just after Christmas) and the screen shattered. I purchased it from Costco and am hoping it’s under warranty. I got online to chat about it, and when I started I was number 723 in the queue 😳… it’s now down to 437 after 15 minutes. :D So, I am taking this time to post here. I am also taking this time to pray for all those in places of service, answering phones with people on the other end who are frazzled, frayed, and maybe at their wit’s end. I am praying for you, too. I would love the privilege of praying for
you.... what is something I can pray for you about? “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)









Above are a few happy pictures from my yard, and I also wanted to share this song with you… a fun song that puts a spring in my step and fills my spirit with hope, thankfulness, and freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment