Friday, April 10, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 26 (Friday)

Encouragement Post – Day #26 (Good Friday) I could sit and listen to Phil Keaggy play his guitar for hours.He is such a gifted musician. But as you listen, meditate on these lyrics if you will; this is a simple hymn with rich and meaningful lyrics.

"What language shall I borrow to thank Thee dearest Friend for this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity without end. O make me Thine forever! And should I fainting be, Lord let me never, never outlive my love for Thee."

O Sacred Head
attributed to Bernard of Clairveaux


O sacred Head, now wounded,
with grief and shame weighed down;
now scornfully surrounded
with thorns, thine only crown;
O sacred Head, what glory,
what bliss 'til now was thine!
Yet, though despised and gory,
I joy to call thee mine.

What thou, my Lord, hast suffered
was all for sinners' gain:
mine, mine was the transgression,
but thine the deadly pain.
Lo, here I fall, my Savior!
'Tis I deserve thy place;
look on me with thy favor,
vouchsafe to me thy grace.

What language shall I borrow
to thank thee, dearest Friend,
for this, thy dying sorrow,
thy pity without end?
O make me thine forever;
and should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
outlive my love to thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment