Friday, April 24, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 40 (Friday)

Encouragement Post – Day #40 (Friday) Now more than ever, I think it is increasingly clearer that our worth does not depend on what we own. Nor does it depend on our own strength. These beautiful lyrics are in the song I linked below, "Two wonders here that I confess, My worth and my unworthiness; My value fixed - my ransom paid, At the cross." These days are teaching me over and over again that my worth is completely in Him... He is my greatest treasure and the ONLY thing in this world that can truly satisfy my soul. Have you considered the magnitude of these words from Psalm 82, "No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly"?

Psalm 82:1-2, 4-5, 11-12
“How lovely are Your dwelling places,
O Lord of hosts!
My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.

How blessed are those who dwell in Your house!
They are ever praising You. Selah.
How blessed is the man whose strength is in You,
In whose heart are the highways to Zion!

For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
How blessed is the man who trusts in You!”

No comments:

Post a Comment