Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Encouragement Post - Coronavirus Distancing Day 30 (Tuesday)

Encouragement Post – Day #30 (Tuesday) Today started out with the melancholies for me. Does that ever happen to you, or is it just me? Some days I am just downcast for no particular (or at least discernible) reason. For it to have been such a sunny day, made it all the more odd for me to feel this way. Too often, I operate based on how I am feeling. But, through the years I have learned to do this less and less. God gives us emotions for a purpose, but if we are driven by them we will be like a ship tossed at sea. Instead, I have learned over time to trust His voice and His word over my feelings. It takes some training, but with the help of the Helper (the Holy Spirit) who lives in us it IS possible. He is our Fuel Source living on the inside, powering our inner engines so that we rely on Truth rather than our fickle feelings.

John 14:16-17 “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.”

John 14:26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”

John 16:13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.”

Holy Spirit, Living Breath of God
by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend

Holy Spirit, living Breath of God,
Breathe new life into my willing soul.
Bring the presence of the risen Lord
To renew my heart and make me whole.
Cause Your Word to come alive in me;
Give me faith for what I cannot see;
Give me passion for Your purity.
Holy Spirit, breathe new life in me.

Holy Spirit, come abide within;
May Your joy be seen in all I do—
Love enough to cover ev’ry sin
In each thought and deed and attitude,
Kindness to the greatest and the least,
Gentleness that sows the path of peace.
Turn my striving into works of grace.
Breath of God, show Christ in all I do.

Holy Spirit, from creation’s birth,
Giving life to all that God has made,
Show Your power once again on earth;
Cause Your church to hunger for Your ways.
Let the fragrance of our prayers arise.
Lead us on the road of sacrifice
That in unity the face of Christ
Will be clear for all the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment