Monday, June 9, 2008

Encouraging Mondays


For some of you, Mondays mean back to work. And while I'd like to think you're all going out there and doing something you can't wait to get back to, realistically I know that's not the case. I was there for fifteen years, so I know what Mondays in the workplace can be like. My intention is to have a little something to encourage and cheer you.



"If you feel the urge, don't be afraid to go on a wild goose chase. What do you think wild geese are for anyway?" -- Will Rogers


"GOOSE, n. A bird that supplies quills for writing. These, by some occult process of nature, are penetrated and suffused with various degrees of the bird's intellectual energies and emotional character, so that when inked and drawn mechanically across paper by a person called an "author," there results a very fair and accurate transcript of the fowl's thought and feeling. The difference in geese, as discovered by this ingenious method, is considerable: many are found to have only trivial and insignificant powers, but some are seen to be very great geese indeed.” -- Ambrose Bierce


Now which of these, would you guess, is the goose that laid the golden egg? The smaller ones on the rocks in the foreground are actually bronze sculptures of geese. However, the one closest to the water is very real and was very approachable the day I shot these pictures (as you can see in the photo just above this one.) Here's hoping my "goosing" has cheered and encouraged you this Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Great way to start the week. What a lovely area for a picnic (only if the geese are feeling friendly).
    My husband doesn't enjoy Mondays but I have always liked them. I love to see how the week unfolds.

    Have a marvelous Monday my friend.

    many hugs to you,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for reminding me of Ambrose Bierce...what a riot his writing is. Do you have his dictionary? Marvelous stuff...

    Great idea to share a word of encouragement with the career world. They need all the encouragements that they can get.

    ReplyDelete