Friday, June 13, 2008

Fruitful Fridays

My theme for 2008 has been Fruit of Thankfulness. (If you're interested, see my post from the Charm & Grace Blog here.) In keeping with that theme, on Fridays we will focus on being fruitful. What kinds of things have you been doing lately and what are the fruits of your labors? Maybe you have been working hard in your yard or garden, and the fruits are in the form of flowers or something edible. Or perhaps you are a writer, and your fruit comes in the form of essays, novels, articles, (or even blog posts!) Are you a web designer? Then your fruit is out for all the world to see and visit on the World Wide Web. Some of us are artists, and the fruits of our labors are evident in the things we create, paint, draw, assemble, etc.


I truly believe that all of these things are an outflow of the gifts that God has given to each one of us. God has given us so much beauty in this world to enjoy. And I love that He has put within each of us a desire to be creative... gifting each individual with unique abilities and desires so that no creation is just like another. That creative spark is a desire to fashion beautiful things, to create, to design. And in each of us that creativity manifests itself in different ways… for one it is with words, for someone else it is painting, for still another it is decorating, or the ability to speak eloquently about a beloved subject, or the skill to capture a beautiful image with photography, or the ability to design a computer program, or the aptitude to understand finances, or the passion to garden… but we all have that divine spark of creativity. It just blows me away sometimes as I read blog after blog and each person’s giftedness comes shining through.



So for all of you beautiful, creative bloggers who wish to participate... my challenge to you for the weekend, or for the coming week, is to create something that you can offer from a heart of thankfulness ...thankfulness for all of the blessings in your life. It can be something for your family (a father, for instance), for a friend, for your church, for a charity, or some other organization. I would love to hear what your plans are, or better yet, come back after you have given your gift and give us a report. Tell us how creating, while thinking of and being thankful for all the blessings in your life, and then giving your creation made you feel.

3 comments:

  1. Christi, love your posts...they make me think. Now I'll be wondering all day about the fruits of my life. One thing is sure...I do not produce the fruit...He does! I only have to be a willing branch. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christi,

    Truly a heartfelt post. Like Vee said, they do make me think.
    I have so much to be thankful for. We all have been given gifts from God and it is God's desire that we use those gifts.

    Thank you for an inspiring post.

    many hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi,
    Boy, we are on the same page. I am so glad you left a comment. I really felt a little shy about putting all that out there on the Web. Hearing from you, helps me feel like I am not so out of the box...
    I am so glad you mentioned Michael Card’s book. I had been given this book by one of my art student’s mother. I started to read it last summer, and felt I had to go slow to absorb it. I think I need to pick that book up again! You comment was a timely reminder.

    Thank you so much for dropping by. Your art work is amazing. I need to come back and browse a bit more when I have time.

    ReplyDelete