Monday, June 23, 2008

Encouraging Mondays...


Hide it in your heart...


When my daughter was about 3 years old, she was at her grandmother's house spending the night. She was very active and into everything, as most children that age are, so her grandmother had brought her into her bedroom and closed the door. "Mammaw" instructed her to stay in the room with her and keep busy with her toys there, so that she could keep an eye on her. She knew there were things around the house that my daughter would get into in no time if she were to escape from her view. Well, my daughter inched over toward the door of the bedroom (you know what I mean... we've all seen our children do this!) When she got to the door, she reached up and grabbed the knob. About that time Mammaw saw what she was about to do, and she said, "No, sweetie, you can't go out that door." My daughter looked up and told her (with all the confidence in the world), "Mammaw, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."



(Yes, that is an actual picture of my daughter from around that age. Can you tell she was a determined little thing? We had been listening to Steve Green's wonderful children's CDs called "Hide 'Em In Your Heart," so she was quite confident in quoting those verses. She will be going into the sixth grade this year, and I can hardly believe it! She is still as confident and determined as ever, but I am thankful that she has turned into a young lady with a beautiful heart who loves God and His word.)

Have an encouraged Monday knowing that you can do all things through His strength!

6 comments:

  1. Out of the mouth of babes.....
    That has just started my day out right.
    Thank you my friend!

    Have a blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I bet your mother had to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a sweet story! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a nice comment! Thanks for the encouragement!

    Have a blessed day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is such a cute story! I loved the Steve Green videos. They were a great teaching tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. What a wonderful memory to treasure. She looks like a doll.

    Hugs!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. I just love the honesty and determination of a child it is too bad we lose that some where along the way.
    -Mya

    ReplyDelete