Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hydrangea Day

hy·dran·gea
noun

1 capitalized : a large genus of widely distributed shrubs and one woody vine (family Saxifragaceae) with opposite leaves and corymbose clusters of usually sterile white or tinted flowers

2 : any plant of the genus Hydrangea

3 : the dried rhizome and roots of the wild plant of the genus Hydrangea (H. arborescens) formerly used in pharmacy as a diuretic



Snowflake Hydrangea


Blue Lace Cap Hydrangea


White Hydrangea by Arbor




Pink Polka Dotted Mophead



Blue Mophead


Pink Lace Cap

4 comments:

  1. Ah, one of my favorite flowers Christi...just beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...what beautiful flowers and beautiful pictures!

    Be blessed today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Hydrangeas!! My mom has HUGE bushes of them in her garden. They look so pretty when you dry them, too! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments! I love the way your brushes look in your tulip vase!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Thank you so much for the kind words. I am so glad you liked your award.
    I really enjoy your blogs. You are quite the artist. My granddaughter Jayde is right here next to me and she said you are very talented. She is 8 and would like to be an artist too.

    Many hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete