Friday, June 6, 2008

Thank you, Barb, for giving Charm & Grace Cottage its first award!

Arte Y Pico AwardThat sweet Barb at The French Elements has given Charm & Grace Cottage its first award. I am so humbled and grateful for this one. According to Arte Y Pico, the originator of the award, it is "dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity. They see dedication, creativity, camaraderie, joy and above all, ART, much art. I wish that this prize is entertaining to all those bloggers and to bloggers who day by day share this space and enrich it a little more each day." What a terrific award...

And now I am looking around for those on whom I will bestow this award. I will, of course, have a hard time narrowing it down because so many of you inspire me. But, alas I must limit myself to five... five fabulous blogs:


1. Barbara at Ramblings from an English Garden... a delight from beginning to end, Barbara's blog is filled with beautiful photos, educational fieldtrips, inspiration, and most of all the joys of life in England!


2. Jo at NeereAnDear Creations... has a lovely blog filled with beautiful artwork, thoughtful musings, and inspirations from a generous heart.


3. Ruth at Artful Creations... has an artist's eye for beauty not only in her paintings, which are stunning, but in her photography. She also delights us with trips to public gardens and also beautiful shots her own garden.


4. Lorrie from Fabric, Paper, Thread.. is a wonderful writer and artist who has recently been published in Today's Christian Woman, (and just today I learned she'll soon have an article in Somerset Memories, too!) She is inspirational as well as very talented and, of course, her designs are made from things such as fabric, paper, and thread!

5. Vee at A Haven for Vee... has a beautiful blog filled with lovely photos, thoughtful writing, and a generous helping of a loving spirit. She really has an eye for beauty and a way with words,which makes for a wonderful blog!

You all truly do inspire me!

Now for the rules:

1) Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contrubuites to the blogger community, no matter the language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself. (I would like to add that as some don't do these kinds of things, so if you choose not to do this I will not be offended!)

4) The award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y pico"blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) To show these rules.

Now, I am off to notify my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Hi my friend,

    I can't wait to visit the blogs that you have bestowed the award to.
    If you say they are fabulous, they must be.

    Many hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet... thank you for this lovely award... I am honored...

    And thank you for such kind words about my art... I have more to be posted soon ... once the virtual garden tour is over

    HUGS

    JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christi, thank you for the beautiful award...it was so nice of you to think of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Christi. I am truly honoured to have this award and will think hard before I pass it on.

    The Fingerprints of God is truly great.

    Hydrangeas beautiful. It wil be little time before they are in flower here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is so nice! I am honored. And I will be passing it along soon and I will let you know! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete